DATE: January 24, 2013
Who is Our Client?
- Volant, based in Burlington, WA, is a leader in the aircraft reconfiguration space and provides engineering, design and spare and overhauled parts for the commercial aircraft aftermarket.
- Volant caters to all major airlines, leasing companies, MROs and integrators across the globe.
- The majority owner of Volant is a former client of Nolan’s. This transaction represents the second successful sale completed by Nolan on his behalf.
Why Did Volant Hire Nolan?
- Volant reached an inflexion point having grown significantly over the past few years, establishing capabilities and core competencies unique in the aerospace industry.
- Volant sought a strategic partner to strengthen its competitive position while rounding out its capabilities and expanding its global reach.
- Customers were regularly asking for a one-stop solution for interior reconfiguration needs.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan marketed Volant’s unique capabilities, customer base, strong management team and history of profitable performance to a diverse mix of strategic acquirers and a select number of private equity groups.
- More than 30 internationally-based companies were contacted as strategic buyer prospects.
- Included in the list of potential strategic buyers was ST Engineering, a $6.2 billion dollar publicly-traded company based in Singapore (SGX: STENGG). ST Aerospace, a division of ST Engineering, is the largest commercial airframe MRO in the world with operations in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- ST Engineering presented both a financially attractive offer and perfect strategic fit that exceeded our client’s expectations.