DATE: November 27, 2019
Who is Our Client?
- Trailerman Trailers, founded in 1997 and headquartered in Louisiana, Missouri, is a full-service manufacturer of premium, light-and-medium duty custom trailers primarily for the construction and agriculture markets.
- The company specializes in the manufacturing of high quality, sturdy construction and competitively priced utility, deck over, dump and flatbed trailers primarily for dealerships across the Midwest.
Why Did Trailerman Hire Nolan?
- After more than 20 years in business, owners Charlie and Mary Perkins were ready to transition ownership and retire.
- For the Perkins, it was important to find a buyer who would continue Trailerman’s reputation as one of the most well-respected trailer manufacturers in the region, and to maintain its reputation for quality products, exceptional customer service and competitive pricing.
- Additionally, the owners were seeking a partner who would take care of their employees, customers and community, along with continuing the brand name those at Trailerman worked so hard to build into a leader in the industry.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan’s sale process delivered Novae Corp., the second-largest trailer manufacturer in the United States.
- Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Markle, Indiana, Novae Corp. is a manufacturer of utility, dump, equipment and enclosed trailers marketed under the brands of Sure-Trac, H&H Trailers and CAM Superline.
- Novae Corp. operates 11 US-based manufacturing facilities and distributes all three brands through a network of independent dealers throughout North America.
- Novae Corp. is one of the fastest-growing companies in the trailer industry over the last decade and has consistently been included on the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing private companies list.
- Trailerman will continue to operate independently in Missouri under the Novae Corp. group of companies.
- Novae Corp. plans to retain the Trailerman brand, facilities and employees and build upon its 20 year history as a highly respected brand.
- “Trailerman’s great company culture and solid dealer network align extremely well with the Novae Corp. value proposition of providing quality products and superior customer service,” according to Mark Yde, Director of Business Development for Novae Corp. “There is a tremendous opportunity to expand upon the current attractive product offering and to increase the brand’s geographical reach.”