DATE: August 08, 2016
Who is Our Client?
- Founded in 1925, Brown Transfer Company is a third and fourth generation owned and operated full service less-than-truckload (LTL) transportation provider with terminals and key lanes covering the state of Nebraska and connecting LTL traffic from Omaha, Denver and Kansas City.
- From its headquarters in Kearney, Nebraska, Brown employs 255 people and owns and operates a fleet of 113 tractors and 325 trailers.
- Brown’s reputation for reliable, timely and damage-free delivery has established Brown as the premier regional LTL carrier in the Great Plains.
Why Did Brown Transfer Company Hire Nolan?
- Brown sought a recapitalization event and the right partner for Brown’s customers, employees and legacy.
- Brown represented a unique opportunity to invest in a LTL carrier that has maintained a stronghold in its geographic footprint for many decades.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan marketed Brown’s broad base of solid customers, steady, predictable and consistently profitable performance as a platform business with expansion opportunities both organic and via acquisition.
- Included in the list of potential investors was Red Arts Capital, a Chicago based, private equity firm focused on investing in middle market businesses with a sustainable competitive advantage and experienced industry leaders.
- Red Arts presented Brown the best proposal which included a combination of favorable economics, certainty to close and operational/cultural considerations.