DATE: May 02, 2020
Who is Our Client?
- Wise Safety and Environmental is a national distributor of safety, health, abatement, environmental, instruments, fire, police and domestic emergency preparedness products and services.
- Rudolph L. Wise, Sr. founded Wise El Santo in 1892. Rudolph L. Wise, Jr. built a small company selling gloves door-to-door into a national firm.
- Wise is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, with additional locations in Boston, Denver, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Little Rock, Louisville and Salt Lake City.
- As a provider of all types of personal protective equipment and supplies, industrial plant/MRO supplies, environmental contractor equipment and supplies and instrumentation and supplied air products, Wise services all major customer market categories.
Why Did Wise Hire Nolan?
- The ownership of Wise engaged Nolan to sell the company because the ownership group was ready to retire and wanted to position the company for growth.
- Wise’s sales process was completed during COVID-19, with minimal face-to-face meetings and almost all due diligence completed virtually.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan’s sale process delivered Mallory Safety and Supply, a provider of advanced safety solutions including: Safety Equipment, Supply-Chain Management, Abatement, Staffing, Facility-based and Mobile Training, Vending, Turnaround, Rental, Product Service and Support, Consulting and other services.
- For more than 40-years, Mallory has delivered a broad array of worker safety protection products, systems, and abrasives, cutting tools, clean room and construction supplies, with safety expertise, full-solution vendor consolidation and supply chain efficiency.
- Mallory will now have 30 locations across the country with the addition of eight Wise Safety full service and warehouse locations. Also, with the Wise acquisition, Mallory expanded its existing operations in Denver and Salt Lake City.
- The latest expansion makes Mallory possibly the largest independent safety and industrial distributor in the United States, employing nearly 500 people and carrying more than $30 million of inventory from over 2,000 vendors.
- “Wise Safety is one of the most recognized, customer-focused safety operations in the country. Their high-value delivery fits squarely into our Mallory model. This expansion will now provide customers with rapid turnaround of their necessary safety and supply chain needs. As a result, the Mallory Team will be able to increase service and, in most cases support, and deliver 24-hour turnaround on safety supplies to all areas of the contiguous USA,” said Mallory President, Tim Loy.