DATE: March 10, 2023
Who is Our Client?
- Founded in 1938 in St. Louis, Missouri, Swiss-American, Inc. is a specialty cheese company that partners with retailers to maximize their sales and develop optimized solutions in the deli.
- Swiss-American services 40+ customers, including 5 of the top 10 food retailers in the United States, and has approximately 85 total employees. Their products are sold in thousands of stores across the country.
- Retailers have come to depend on Swiss-American’s curated assortment of high-quality cheeses and accompaniments customized to fit their needs.
- Utilizing its vast supplier network and unique capabilities such as hand wrapping of soft ripened and blue vein cheeses, Swiss-American is committed to sourcing the finest cheeses and specialty foods from partners across the U.S. and around the globe.
- Swiss-American globally sources over 1,200 items from over 22 countries and 20 U.S. states.
Why Did Swiss-American, Inc. Hire Nolan?
- Joe Hoff, Swiss-American President and CEO, worked to strengthen and grow the business while building a strong culture by engaging employees in his efforts to create a leading specialty cheese company.
- Swiss-American engaged Nolan to find a buyer with the capabilities to take the company to the next level by building upon the existing customer relationships and established reputation for superior quality.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan’s sell side process delivered Lipari Foods, a top specialty food distributor based in Warren, Michigan.
- Founded in 1963 by Jim Lipari, Lipari Foods is now a leading independent “perimeter of the store” distributor, delivering a wide range of quality bakery, dairy, deli, packaging, seafood, meat, grocery, foodservice, confectionery and convenience food and beverage products to 11,000+ customers across 28 states.
- The Swiss-American acquisition will further enhance Lipari’s manufacturing division’s capabilities through its subsidiary, The Deli Source, with a specific focus on expanding cheese offerings.
- Joe Hoff will continue to serve as the leader for Swiss-American.