DATE: February 27, 2017
Who is Our Client?
- Founded in 2000, Thompson Street Capital Partners is a private equity firm that has managed over $1.5 billion in private equity capital.
- From its headquarters in St. Louis, MO, Thompson Street has completed in excess of 100 acquisitions in more than 35 industries.
- Thompson Street brings broad financial and operational knowledge to its portfolio companies to accelerate growth — both organically and through acquisitions.
Why Did Thompson Street Capital Partners Hire Nolan?
- In May 2016, Thompson Street announced a partnership with management to recapitalize Global Software of Raleigh, North Carolina. Global Software is the leading provider of Microsoft Excel-based automation and reporting software solutions to enhance enterprise resource planning (ERP) and business intelligence platforms.
- ERP’s allow for automation in key business areas including technology, finance, customer relationship management, human resources and supply chain management. With the automation of these functions comes the critical ability for business leaders to access valuable data and aggregated dashboards for their use in a variety of decision-making scenarios.
- Global Software’s signature product is Spreadsheet Server, an Excel reporting add-in solution that transfers dynamic reporting data from an ERP system into Microsoft Excel. Global Software’s products integrate with more than 60 ERP systems.
- Following the recapitalization of Global Software, Nolan was engaged by Thompson Street to investigate the technology market for relevant Global Software add-on opportunities that aligned with Thompson Street’s goals of adding software solutions in the business intelligence and ERP categories to Global Software’s existing suite of product offerings.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan identified Atlas, a company known as today’s market leader and business standard for Excel reporting and automation in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and AX.
- Atlas, founded in 1997 and headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, serves more than 1,500 Microsoft Dynamics AX customers in a broad range of industries.
- Some of the world’s leading brands are Atlas users, including the Associated Press, Air Asia, Fuji Film, Guylian, Lotus F1 team, Polaris, The Pokémon Company, Tommy Hilfiger, Walmart, Cathay Pacific, Georg Jensen, Kumon, Marks & Spencer, Mazda and Remy Martin.
- The Atlas acquisition will broaden the customer base and ERPs that Global Software can currently serve, along with increasing their international range. Global Software will now reach more than 75,000 users and 4,500 customers in more than 60 countries.
- Atlas has furthered Global Software’s role as the market leader in Excel reporting and automation, and Global Software will continue to build on the category leadership position Atlas currently holds as the standard for Excel reporting and automation in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and AX.
- Atlas maintains additional offices in London, England and Fargo, North Dakota.