DATE: September 12, 2016
Who is Our Client?
- Founded in 1981, Lanter Delivery Systems is a super-regional logistics company and a leader in overnight, unattended delivery of auto, agricultural and industrial parts from their customer’s distribution centers to dealer locations.
- Lanter, headquartered in Madison, IL, 15 minutes from St. Louis, provides transportation and courier services to the agricultural, automotive and industrial industries, guaranteeing that part shipments placed in the late afternoon are delivered the next morning by 8 a.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
- Customers of Lanter include most major U.S. automakers, agricultural equipment and industrial manufacturers.
Why Did Lanter Delivery Systems Hire Nolan?
- The Lanter executive team launched an initiative to grow via acquisition in 2016 by partnering with quality logistics companies that would provide opportunities for service and geographic expansion, density enhancement and new customer relationships.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan ran a buy side process that brought businesses of interest directly to Lanter’s executive leadership which directly aligned with their primary investment objectives.
- Nolan presented the most relevant opportunities to Lanter, then worked with their executive team and counsel to formulate an offer to Action Expediting.
- Action, headquartered in historic Madison, Georgia, provides shippers with nationwide turnkey transportation and dedicated delivery services. Action serves customers in the Automotive, Retail and Industrial segments, among others with dedicated delivery and unattended “pre-8 a.m.” truck load delivery services.
- Action’s customers, which include some of the Fortune 500, benefit from their ability to design and execute door-to-door deliveries via an extensive distribution network.
- In addition to designing real-world logistics programs, Action’s services include the management of power and material handling equipment, fuel programs and regulatory compliance.
- Action has operations throughout the U.S. including the Southeast, Southwest, Midwest, Northeast and the West Coast.
- Action ultimately represented an investment opportunity for Lanter to partner with a logistics industry leader while achieving Lanter’s acquisition goals of service and geographic expansion, density enhancement and new customer relationships.