DATE: January 03, 2022
Who is Our Client?
- HORIZON Lab Systems is a leading cloud-based laboratory information management system (LIMS) provider located in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- HORIZON’s products are deployed in the environmental, agricultural, cannabis, clinical, pain management, forensic toxicology and public health markets.
- HORIZON’s software supports 80+ laboratories in North America and Ireland and employs 43 expert professionals, many with qualifications and direct experience in both the laboratory and software industries.
- The Dohmen Company, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, purchased the company in 2014.
- Dohmen funded management’s software re-write and the company’s new systems architecture to move HORIZON to the cloud and better position HORIZON in the LIMS segment.
- Over the past seven years, Dohmen and management’s efforts created a best-in-class LIMS SaaS and PaaS platform poised for exponential growth.
Why Did HORIZON Lab Systems Hire Nolan?
- Dohmen’s goal was to find a buyer capable of understanding HORIZON’s value proposition and enabling management’s plan for growing the company beyond its current markets.
- Dohmen selected Nolan to run a competitive sale process for HORIZON based on Nolan’s software and laboratory services expertise.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan created a highly competitive process including vertical market SaaS private equity investors and strategic laboratory software buyers.
- Nolan’s process drove the HORIZON engagement to a successful conclusion by delivering CliniSys as the buyer.
- CliniSys is headquartered in Surrey, England and Ghent, Belgium and operates as a subsidiary of Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP). CliniSys is a market-leading provider of LIMS products in the United Kingdom and Europe.
- The HORIZON acquisition extends CliniSys’ laboratory testing, diagnostics, and management capabilities further into the public health sector and grows CliniSys’ customer base in North America.
- Michael Simpson, CEO CliniSys Group commented, “Public health is a major concern for all governments and citizens. With HORIZON’s advanced cloud-based solutions and unsurpassed knowledge and expertise in laboratories outside of the clinical environment, CliniSys can now provide organizations and governments at all levels, and across different sectors of the public health ecosystem, solutions to improve health at population scale.”
- Eric Dingfelder, President of HORIZON commented, “Joining CliniSys offers HORIZON LIMS users the benefits and expertise of a larger organization focused upon excellence in laboratory and diagnostic technology. Our team is excited to join CliniSys, continue to serve our customers and help continue the growth of our businesses together.”