DATE: July 01, 2021
Who is Our Client?
- Since 1989, Integrated Technologies, Inc. (Intec) has been providing mission critical testing and advanced material manufacturing services for the best-known aerospace, defense, environmental and space companies in the world.
- Intec is an ISO 17025 and Nadcap AC7122 testing services provider to a wide range of customers, including product and raw material manufacturers, research organizations, and large OEMs.
- Intec provides a full array of materials, environmental exposure, element/component, impacting and ultrasonic NDT testing services.
- Intec also maintains significant composite and thermoplastic manufacturing & assembly capabilities for leading aerospace and defense manufacturers.
- LMI Aerospace is a leading supplier of structural assemblies, kits and components and a provider of design engineering services to the commercial, business and regional and defense aerospace markets.
- LMI is a member of the Sonaca Group, a global company based in Belgium that is active in the development, manufacturing, and assembly of advanced structures for civil, military and space markets.
Why Did LMI Aerospace Hire Nolan?
- LMI concluded that Intec’s testing and composite manufacturing capabilities were non-core to LMI’s broader business strategy.
- LMI hired Nolan to run an efficient sale process to maximize alternatives for the business.
- LMI hired Nolan because of its expertise in the testing services industry.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan’s highly competitive process delivered Cornerstone Capital Holdings, a diversified holding company comprised of leading manufacturing and industrial service businesses.
- Nolan ran an efficient process that lasted 5 months from engagement to closing.
- Intec will complement Cornerstone’s other portfolio companies by adding composite testing and manufacturing solutions to its existing capabilities.
- “We are extremely excited to add Intec to the Cornerstone group of companies,” said Cornerstone principal Jonathan Alt. “Composites and thermoplastics have become a large and growing segment in aerospace manufacturing, and this acquisition allows us to now participate in that critical area.”
- With this purchase, Cornerstone now operates from eight locations in North America.