DATE: January 01, 2000
Who is Our Client?
- TennMark was established in 1983 and is based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, offering telecommunication planning, engineering, installation and maintenance services.
- The ownership of TennMark included three telephone cooperatives: North Central, Twin Lakes and Bledsoe Telephone Cooperatives.
- TennMark successfully serviced the cooperatives with the build out and maintenance of their respective telephone systems, while also growing to be a regional leader in the telecommunication installation and maintenance space.
Why Did TennMark Telecommunications Hire Nolan?
- Nolan was engaged when the time came for the Cooperatives to sell their equity interest in TennMark.
- The Cooperatives desired not only a positive structure and price, but also sale terms providing TennMark’s management team the opportunity to continue in-tact post-closing with the successful acquirer.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan marketed TennMark’s rapid expansions in regards to the geographic boundaries the Company served and the services provided to generate strong investment interest for the Company.
- Among the numerous potential candidates, Black Box Corporation (NASDAQ: BBOX) emerged as the clear favorite to acquire TennMark since the price was right and the opportunities for TennMark’s management team would be abundant in the large publicly traded corporation.
- TennMark’s management team made a quick and significant impact as two individuals on the team now serve as President & CEO and VP of Business Development at Black Box.