DATE: October 15, 2015
Who is Our Client?
- Founded in 2006, Team Drive-Away is a family-owned asset-light transportation business that provides over the road Class 8 and specialized equipment driveaway delivery services.
- From its headquarters in Shawnee, Kansas, Team Drive-Away operates as the nation’s most reliable after-market truck and specialty vehicle transport service provider, presenting their customers an unparalleled quality of service throughout North America.
- Team Drive-Away maintains approximately 300 drivers throughout the United States in order to meet the needs of its customers quickly and efficiently.
Why Did Team Drive-Away Hire Nolan?
- Team Drive-Away represented a unique opportunity for a buyer to acquire a leading specialized transportation services provider in North America.
- Team Drive-Away sought a liquidity event and an acquisition partner that would continue to drive growth within the company’s niche market.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan marketed Team Drive-Away’s unique business model, national driver access, diverse customer base, proprietary software system and experienced management team as an attractive acquisition opportunity.
- Included in the list of potential buyers was CID Capital, an Indianapolis based, national private equity firm focused on acquiring middle-market businesses with proven management and a high potential for growth.
- CID Capital presented Team Drive-Away the best acquisition proposal which included a combination of favorable economics, certainty to close and operational/cultural considerations.