DATE: January 23, 2023
Who is Our Client?
- Scrubs on Wheels, based out of Elkhart, IN, is a leading provider of medical uniform solutions to a diverse healthcare client base in the U.S.
- Founded in 2001 and under current ownership since 2015, Scrubs has over two decades of experience serving thousands of nursing homes and extended care facilities throughout America’s heartland and beyond.
- Scrubs operates under four key business segments: (1) mobile fleet sales, (2) group business, (3) hospital roll ins and (4) brick & mortar.
- With 21 mobile sales teams, 3 brick and mortar locations, a hospital roll in team and a group sales division operating out of the headquarters in Elkhart, Scrubs has the product offerings and ability to service a diverse variety of clients throughout the U.S.
Why Did Scrubs on Wheels Hire Nolan?
- The owners of Scrubs sought a liquidity event and an acquisition partner that would continue to drive growth within the company’s niche healthcare apparel market.
- The ownership engaged Nolan in the fourth quarter of 2019 to sell the business to a strategic buyer or private equity investor.
- Nolan helped Scrubs navigate the pandemic and ultimately delivered an exit partner that could help facilitate rapid growth while continuing the company’s legacy from a product, operational, and cultural perspective.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan’s sale process delivered Birch Swing Capital (BSC), a family office that makes growth and buyout investments in companies with enduring business models and strong management teams.
- BSC has a particular interest in the consumer products, niche manufacturing and business services sectors, spaces where they can add operational value, partnering with management for the next phase of growth.