DATE: April 30, 2014
Who is Our Client?
- Jahabow Industries and Presence From Innovation (PFI) are both Missouri-based portfolio companies of Entrepreneurial Financial Resources.
- PFI provides world class merchandising solutions to the nation’s largest retailers and consumer branded products companies.
- Finished products range from free-standing retail fixtures and cabinetry to point-of-purchase displays, including uniquely designed end-caps, display cases, display racks, free-standing coolers, cabinetry and cold-storage solutions.
- PFI’s products and solutions can be found in most major convenience, grocery, specialty and department stores in the United States.
Why Did Jahabow Industries and Presence From Innovation Hire Nolan?
- The companies sought a liquidity event and an acquisition partner that would continue to drive growth within their customer base, develop opportunities in new verticals and pursue growth via acquisition in this highly fragmented market.
- PFI represented a unique opportunity for its buyer to acquire a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of merchandising solutions in North America.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan marketed PFI’s best-in-class, single-source, merchandising solutions, reputation and relationships with an extremely loyal customer base, as well as their experienced management team as an attractive acquisition opportunity.
- Included in the list of potential buyers was Capital For Business, a St. Louis based, national private equity firm focused on acquiring middle market businesses with proven management and a high potential for growth.
- Capital For Business submitted the best acquisition proposal which included a combination of favorable economics, certainty to close and operational/cultural considerations.
- Partnering with management, Capital For Business led the acquisition and assembled an investor group that included: Diamond State Ventures, KVCI, MidStates Capital and NorthCreek Mezzanine. They also arranged senior debt financing from Advantage Capital Partners, Enterprise Bank & Trust and Pulaski Bank.