DATE: September 26, 2017
Who is Our Client?
- Driving Ambition is an Indianapolis, Indiana-based regional provider of high quality commercial truck drivers.
- Founded in 2001, Driving Ambition distinguishes itself within the commercial driver staffing industry by consistently providing exemplary customer service, recognizing the achievements of their drivers, deploying leading proprietary technology, committing to high safety standards and meeting Department of Transportation (DOT) compliance regulations.
- Driving Ambition primarily provides staffing solutions to companies operating private fleets with more than 500 drivers. The Company serves more than 700 for-hire carriers and private fleet customers per year.
- As one of the largest and fastest growing commercial driver staffing companies in the country, Driving Ambition has experienced incredible growth due to the shortage of commercially-licensed drivers.
Why Did Driving Ambition Hire Nolan?
- Driving Ambition’s owner engaged Nolan to find a strategic buyer who had the same level of dedication as the Driving Ambition team to the transportation industry and its drivers, as well as for adhering to high safety and value standards for its clients.
- The owner of Driving Ambition was seeking a sale in order to work on a new transportation software company, DriverReach. DriverReach’s recruitment management solution streamlines the recruiting and qualifying process of hiring commercial drivers.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan ran a confidential process to sell Driving Ambition based on the goals of the owner, and delivered several qualified buyers for the client to consider. The owner of Driving Ambition selected the ideal partner in TransForce, the nation’s leading workforce management firm specializing in commercial truck drivers.
- Founded in 1991 and based in Alexandria, Virginia, TransForce provides high quality commercial truck drivers to the transportation industry, including trucking companies, third party logistics companies and private fleets across North America. TransForce is backed by private equity firm Palladium Equity Partners, LLC.
- TransForce is the only national staffing company exclusively devoted to the transportation industry. Accordingly, TransForce provides a high level of expertise with respect to both employing highly skilled truck drivers and understanding the regulatory requirements and DOT compliance factors that apply to truck drivers.
- Both TransForce and Driving Ambition are focused on customer service, quality, compliance and safety, while simultaneously providing the greatest opportunities for their drivers. These synergies made TransForce an ideal fit to meet our client’s goals of maximizing value and partnering with a larger organization with extensive resources.
- Driving Ambition will operate independently for the rest of 2017 and will be integrated into TransForce beginning the first quarter of 2018.
“Driving Ambition is another perfect acquisition for us. Like TransForce, Driving Ambition was founded on the bases of quality, compliance and safety. Both companies have had success in focusing on customer service and providing the best opportunities for our drivers. Driving Ambition is a great addition to our company and a perfect fit in our acquisition strategy.”
– David Broome, President and CEO of TransForce