DATE: September 13, 2014
Who is Our Client?
- Based in St. Louis, PracticeMatch Services is a leading provider of proprietary physician and resident/fellow databases, decision support software and other recruiting services designed to provide a clear and competitive advantage to physician recruiters.
- PracticeMatch’s physician database products, tracking software and other services enable its clients to perform efficient and cost effective physician recruiting.
- PracticeMatch’s flagship product offering, the Pinpoint physician database, provides detailed personal information on more than 300,000 US practicing physicians across all high demand medical specialties that are or have been candidates for a new practice affiliation.
- The brand stands alone as the “go-to” in house physician recruiting tool that recruiters rely on to edge out competition.
Why Did PracticeMatch Services Hire Nolan?
- PracticeMatch’s founder sought a sale for liquidity and estate planning purposes, as well as to secure an acquisition partner who would benefit from the company’s market leadership and competitive advantages.
- PracticeMatch represented a unique opportunity to acquire the leading provider of physician information and database tools to the in house recruiting market.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan marketed PracticeMatch’s best-in-class database, strong brand recognition, total in house sourcing solutions, as well as their highly skilled, knowledgeable and entrepreneurial workforce as an attractive acquisition opportunity.
- Included in the list of potential buyers was M3, a global eHealth company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TYO: 2413).
- M3 was founded with the goal of changing the world of medicine through full use of the power of the Internet and operates in the US as M3 USA.
- M3 presented PracticeMatch the best acquisition proposal which included a combination of favorable economics, certainty to close and operational/cultural considerations.