DATE: August 14, 2018
Who is Our Client?
- High Plains Journal is an award-winning, weekly agricultural publication for farmers and ranchers, and is ranked consistently as one of the top agricultural publications in its seven-state core area.
- Each weekly High Plains Journal issue includes news articles, feature stories, editorials, pictures and classified ads in order to best serve subscribers with information about seeds, crops, commodity markets, irrigation, livestock and commodity practices.
- High Plains Journal was established in the late 1800’s and is located in the heart of America’s leading wheat, corn, beef and sorghum region and is widely viewed as the leading source of information on agriculture and agricultural products in the region.
- High Plains Journal’s advertisers include major national, regional and local customers across all farming and ranching sectors.
- Over many decades, High Plains Journal honed their ability to work directly with small to mid-sized regional companies as well as with advertising agencies, as is the case with the large, multi-national agriculture companies.
Why Did Technology Plus Hire Nolan?
- The owners of High Plains Journal were interested in selling a majority of the company to a strategic buyer or private equity partner.
- They desired a partner with digital experience who could build out the company’s digital platform and further extend its capabilities.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan demonstrated the value of High Plains Journal to the buyer market, especially their devoted team of accomplished sales professionals who have forged deep and lasting relationships with a variety of both national and regional agriculture companies.
- The Nolan deal team for High Plains Journal delivered The Waterways Journal, a maritime publications company in business since 1887.
- The Waterways Journal provides quality publications and related products and services to the maritime industry where they serve an audience that operates more than 25,000 barges and more than 3,800 towboats and tugs.
- The owners of The Waterways Journal were interested in buying High Plains Journal because they were seeking an opportunity to diversify their product offerings and grow their reach into a new industry – agriculture.
- Now united, the two companies will both benefit from shared expertise in publishing, event management, digital media and the production of custom solutions.