DATE: September 14, 2022
Who is Our Client?
- Stellar Manufacturing Company is a contract manufacturing organization which specializes in solid particle chemical processing and provides services to the water treatment, chemical, agrochemical, consumer product, oilfield, polymer, mineral and pool and spa industries.
- Based in Sauget, IL, just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis, MO, Stellar provides compaction granulation, briquetting, blending, tableting, filling, packaging and warehousing services for Fortune 500 and Global 500 companies.
- Since its founding in 1990, Stellar has prided itself on its ability to handle challenging chemicals for the pool and spa, water treatment, cleaning products and agrochemical industries.
Why Did Stellar Manufacturing Company Hire Nolan?
- Stellar was experiencing rapid growth at a time when the majority shareholder was nearing retirement.
- The ownership group decided the time was ideal to consider a strategic partner with significant resources that could buy out the existing owners and continue to invest in Stellar to meet current and future customer and market demand.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Stellar’s ownership had an existing relationship with the buyer, Leslie’s Pools, but they wanted to include a trusted, professional M&A advisor in the sale process to navigate such a significant deal.
- The sale process with Stellar and Leslie’s took five months to close from start to finish.
- Leslie’s is the largest and most trusted direct-to-consumer brand in the U.S. pool and spa care industry with a dedicated team of more than 5,000 associates, pool and spa care experts, and experienced service technicians.
- Founded in 1963 with corporate offices in Phoenix, AZ, Leslie’s serves the aftermarket needs of residential and professional consumers with an extensive and largely exclusive assortment of essential pool and spa care products.
- Leslie’s operates an integrated ecosystem of over 975 physical locations, and a robust digital platform, enabling consumers to engage with Leslie’s whenever, wherever, and however they prefer to shop.