DATE: November 15, 2012
Who is Our Client?
- Imperial Plastics is a $60 million custom plastic injection molding business that provides highly engineered component parts to the recreation, medical, dental, automotive, building products and consumer industries.
- Founded in 1968 and located in Lakeville, Minnesota, Imperial is led by a strong management team that produces industry leading results.
Why Did Imperial Hire Nolan?
- Imperial’s owner sought a liquidity event that would provide our client a continued operating role and significant ownership position in the business, preserve Imperial’s independence and satisfy estate planning needs.
- Imperial’s owner was also interested in securing a partner with the resources to support Imperial’s aggressive strategic acquisition plan going forward.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan conducted a confidential sale process that included the most logical private equity sponsors that could help accomplish our client’s goals.
- Nolan marketed Imperial’s best-in-class performance, efficient operations, unique international sourcing capabilities and proven management team to generate strong investment interest for Imperial.
- Nolan’s controlled process created a market for Imperial that yielded 10 indications of interest and 5 letters of intent.
- Imperial’s owner chose Goldner Hawn Johnson & Morrison as the investor that brought the best cultural fit and economic terms to the table for Imperial.
- The transaction also provided Imperial $20 MM to fund Imperial’s aggressive strategic acquisition program.