DATE: May 13, 2015
Who is Our Client?
- Founded in 2000, Thompson Street Capital Partners is a private equity firm that has managed over $800 MM in private equity capital.
- From its headquarters in St. Louis, Thompson Street has completed in excess of 100 acquisitions in more than 35 industries.
- With over 100 years of combined middle market private equity experience, Thompson Street brings broad financial and operational knowledge to its portfolio companies to accelerate growth — both organically and through acquisitions.
Why did Thompson Street Capital Partners Hire Nolan?
- Thompson Street wanted to invest in a leader in the microbial testing market that has achieved its success by providing best-in-class service in a highly specialized field.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan communicated Thompson Street’s primary investment objectives and long history of partnering with industry leaders to Microbiology Research Associates (MRA).
- Based west of Boston in Acton, Massachusetts, MRA is a provider of microbiology testing services to the pharmaceutical, cosmetic, medical device, biotechnology, and healthcare industries.
- Founded in 1993, the Company is a microbiology lab, serving compounding pharmacies, hospitals and cosmetic makers. Its tests include: microbiological examination; sterility; batch release testing; preservative effectiveness; and environmental monitoring.