DATE: October 26, 2020
Who is Our Client?
- Founded in 1994, Ferguson Consulting400 companies in St. Louis, MO. is an IT consulting firm that provides IT contractors for staff augmentation positions of Fortune
- Ferguson Consulting’s strength, and the primary skill of the majority of their consultants, has always been IT application development.
- Additionally, Ferguson Consulting offers a full range of development services, from project design through implementation and support.
Why Did Ferguson Consulting Hire Nolan?
- After building Ferguson Consulting into a market leader over the past 26 years, President and CEO Susan Ferguson was ready to transition the business to spend more time with family.
- Ferguson sought an exit partner that would continue the company’s legacy for high end quality care for the client base and provide excellent stewardship and career development for her employees with a strong benefit plan.
- Ferguson chose Nolan to lead the sale process due to the firm’s expertise and market leadership in the US staffing market, but as important to the decision to choose Nolan, was the feeling that there was a culture fit with the Nolan team.
- Nolan listened and worked to understand the value-add services Ferguson Consulting provided to the staffing industry and why it was a differentiator.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan’s sale process delivered Eliassen Group, a leading national strategic consulting and talent solutions firm focused on technology consulting, Agile consulting, creative services, managed services, risk management & business optimization services, government solutions and life sciences.
- Founded in 1989 and headquartered in Reading, MA with offices from coast to coast, Eliassen Group offers local community presence, deep networks, as well as national reach.
- Eliassen Group is a portfolio company of Stone Point Capital out of Greenwich, CT.
- The acquisition of Ferguson Consulting allows Eliassen Group to gain a foothold in the St. Louis high-value IT service provider market and further expand Eliassen Group’s Midwest presence.
- “Ferguson’s deep-rooted history of long-term success in the area is only one part of what makes the organization so appealing to Eliassen. More importantly, their care and attention to all sides of the business, from employees to clients to consultants, is a principle that Eliassen also embodies and the common force that naturally unites our organizations,” said Dave MacKeen, CEO of Eliassen Group.