DATE: December 21, 2021
Who is Our Client?
- Mo-Sci Corporation is a world leader in the supply of medical and specialty glass and ETS Technology Holdings, LLC is a provider of innovative wound care technologies.
- Located in Rolla, Missouri, Mo-Sci was founded by Dr. Delbert Day in 1985 to develop and supply specialty glass and ceramic products for specific market applications.
- Mo-Sci was led by Ted Day, Delbert’s son, up until his passing in September 2020.
- Today, Mo-Sci is a leading supplier to the medical device industry with glass microspheres, fibers, and powders and provides sealing glass and test services for the aerospace, automotive, and electronics industries.
- ETS Technology Holdings was founded in 2012 to develop and commercialize a novel borate-based bioactive glass technology platform for wound care and hemostasis.
- ETS received FDA clearance for its first product, Mirragen, a resorbable synthetic skin substitute, and continues to expand the technology to new applications.
Why Did Mo-Sci Corporation and ETS Technology Holdings Hire Nolan?
- The owners of Mo-Sci and ETS were seeking a partner with a commitment to deep, high science who had the capabilities to globally commercialize the companies’ disruptive products and intellectual property.
- Nolan was hired to find the best partner for Mo-Sci and ETS who could commit to keeping jobs in Rolla while expanding the reach and growth of the patented products.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan’s efforts united Mo-Sci and ETS with Heraeus Group, a leading international family-owned portfolio company.
- Headquartered in Hanau, Germany, Heraeus’ roots go back to a family pharmacy started in 1660.
- Due to the nature of this cross-border transaction, the team had to navigate government approvals due to defense department implications of some Mo-Sci and ETS products.
- Today, the Heraeus group includes businesses in the environmental, electronics, health and industrial applications sectors.
- Heraeus is one of the top 10 family-owned companies in Germany and holds a leading position in its global markets.
- The addition of Mo-Sci and ETS will strengthen the Heraeus healthcare and medical technology portfolio, which includes market leadership in the supply of medical components and devices, the PALACOS orthopaedic bone cement line, and other technologies and cutting-edge innovations for the healthcare and medical device industries.
- Nicolas Guggenheim, Head of Business Area Medical Technologies, said, “Across every treatment area, medical technology is changing rapidly. The acquisition of Mo-Sci and ETS gives us new capabilities to help our customers deliver innovative technologies and breakthrough treatments that will improve outcomes and patient care.”
- Heraeus plans to keep the existing Mo-Sci team and facilities in Rolla.