DATE: October 25, 2021
Who is Our Client?
- Arthur L. Davis Publishing Agency, Inc. (ALD) is the nation’s leading provider and distributor of digital nursing content, job board postings and advertisements.
- The company delivers state and national nursing association content to the largest US nurse database with distribution to over 2.6 million Registered Nurse (RNs).
- ALD’s partnerships with state and national nursing associations, foundations, boards, clients and employees allows ALD to reach nurses across the entire US.
Why Did ALD Hire Nolan?
- ALD was founded in 1983, and since then has been the nation’s leader in nursing publications with the largest nursing circulation in the United States.
- ALD’s third generation owners, Stephen Miller and Elizabeth Miller, shifted the company’s legacy print distribution model to a scalable and dynamic digital model.
- The transformation created an attractive digital platform that drove nurse reach, content distribution, growth and EBITDA.
- Stephen and Elizabeth Miller were interested in identifying a growth partner that understands the health care association model, is dedicated to customer service and provides first-class digital distribution.
- Stephen and Elizabeth engaged Nolan to run a process to identify a buyer capable of elevating ALD’s digital platform and harnessing the company’s culture.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan’s competitive process identified and delivered Health eCareers as the buyer.
- Health eCareers provides services that bring together physicians, surgeons, nurses, nurse practitioners, PAs, and CRNAs with health care job positions.
- The acquisition of ALD is expected to further Health eCareers’ mission of connecting healthcare professionals with the best career opportunities and resources – from physicians and surgeons to advanced practice providers to nurses.
- Health eCareers is a portfolio company of Ziff Davis (NASDAQ: ZD), a vertically focused digital media and internet company whose portfolio includes leading brands in technology, entertainment, shopping, health, cybersecurity and martech.