DATE: August 01, 2011
Who is Our Client?
- Carstin Brands, based in Arthur, IL, is a supplier of high-end marble, quartz and granite counter tops and complementing products for kitchen and bath that has been serving the Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Michigan areas for 22 years.
- Founded in 1988, Carstin is focused on delivering products and services to its customers on time and complete within two weeks, with a strong emphasis on quality and meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
- The employees of Carstin have interactions with its entire supply chain, from the original supplier to the end consumer.
Why Did Carstin Brands Hire Nolan?
- The owner of Carstin engaged Nolan as he was seeking options for transitioning his business into the future.
- At time of sale, Carstin was the largest maker of countertops in the Midwest.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan marketed Carstin’s unique capabilities and valued reputation in the manufacturing world to numerous excellent prospects.
- Carstin presented the opportunity for a buyer to acquire the premier firm in its regional market with an existing portfolio of strong brands.
- In addition, Carstin presented the opportunity to own and utilize a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility with significant capacity as a platform for industry roll-up.
- Out of the many potential acquirers, Carstin chose to partner with Pulte Capital Partners, a strategic investment firm focused exclusively on investing in leading building products businesses.
- Pulte presented both a financially attractive offer and the capabilities needed to advance Carstin’s sales and operations.