DATE: September 01, 2010
Who Is Our Client?
- Founded in 1997, DESI is a leading provider of emergency response services in Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan and Kentucky.
- DESI has developed relationships with its customers by providing a broad array of best-in-class Environmental Services including: Above Ground Storage Tanks, HAZMAT Response, BioHazard Response, Mercury Response, Blood Borne Pathogens, Probing, Confined Space Entry, Soil Testing, Drilling, Underground Storage Tanks, Emergency Cleanup, Vacuum Trucks, Groundwater Testing, Waste Disposal, Hazardous Waste Handling and Disposal and Waste Transportation.
Why Did DESI Environmental Hire Nolan?
- DESI’s owner engaged Nolan to explore a sale to a strategic buyer that would benefit from DESI’s geographic position and existing environmental response infrastructure.
- DESI offered a turn-key geographic expansion opportunity for existing environmental response companies seeking to expand into Indiana. Management had successfully assembled a team of experienced emergency response professionals, strong customer relationships and an impressive fleet of equipment that would offer a buyer an entrée into a desireable geography boasting a high concentration of transportation, petroleum and power generation facilities.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Out of the many potential acquirers assembled by Nolan, DESI ultimately chose to partner with SET Environmental.
- SET is a $50MM provider of broad environmental management services to a nationwide client base.
- SET’s Environmental Management Services include: Environmental Health, Environmental Remediation, Hazardous Waste Disposal, Hazardous Waste Management, High-Hazard Remediation, Industrial Cleaning and Decontamination, Laboratory Lab Pack, Mercury Decontamination Services, OSRO Response and Training.
- SET presented both a financially attractive offer and the capability of advancing DESI’s service offerings to SET’s nationwide client base.