DATE: October 03, 2016
Who is Our Client?
- Founded in 1972, Deluxe Feeds is a leading family-owned, full-service feed mill, strategically located in the heart of livestock country.
- From its headquarters in Sheldon, Iowa and operations in Sheldon and Ireton, Iowa, Deluxe manufactures high quality livestock feed (calf, dairy, swine and beef).
Why Did Deluxe Feeds Hire Nolan?
- Deluxe sought a potential acquirer or investor capable of building on their established relationships, reputation and sound financial performance.
- Deluxe represented a unique opportunity to acquire the leader in a very strong regional livestock feed market.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan marketed Deluxe’s history of high quality feed products, strategic location, unique-in-the-industry steam-flaked soybean technology, diverse and long-standing relationships with livestock customers and grain farmers, favorable industry trends, established brand, experienced management, solid margins and the ability to differentiate from competition.
- Included in the list of potential investors was Kent Nutrition Group, a manufacturer and marketer of animal feed and nutrition products for commercial animals, equine and lifestyle farmers throughout the Midwest. Kent Nutrition Group is a division of Iowa-based Kent Corporation.
- Kent presented Deluxe the best proposal which included a combination of favorable economics, certainty to close and operational/cultural considerations.