DATE: February 28, 2019
Who is Our Client?
- Midwest Systems is a full-service intermodal logistics provider of drayage, an ISO tank facility and storage and maintenance services.
- With facilities on both sides of the Mississippi River, Midwest Systems is centrally located to all of the rails, depots and highways in the metropolitan St. Louis area.
- Midwest Systems’ facilities include over 85 acres of land that provide spacious storage, easy access and convenience for customers and other carriers alike.
- In 2018, Midwest Systems celebrated its 75th year in operation.
Why Did Midwest Systems Hire Nolan?
- Third generation owners of Midwest Systems, Mike Lynch and Steve Williamson, led the company to achieve significant growth over the past decade.
- The owners sought a business sale to capitalize on their sustained success and satisfy estate planning needs.
- For the owners, it was paramount to find a partner motivated to invest in the employees of Midwest Systems and to facilitate continued growth.
- The owners of Midwest Systems engaged Nolan for M&A advisory services to maximize value and efficiently complete a transaction that satisfied all of the owner’s goals.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan advised Midwest Systems on its sale to Boasso Global, a provider of depot, maintenance, cleaning and transportation services for ISO tank containers in North America and Europe.
- Boasso is a subsidiary of Quality Distribution, Inc., a Tampa-based transportation and logistics company specializing in bulk transportation, and a portfolio company of APAX Partners.
- Through the acquisition of Midwest Systems, Boasso has immediately extended its geographic reach and product offerings into the Midwest region.