DATE: November 01, 2013
Who is Our Client?
- Siemer Enterprises is a Teutopolis, Illinois based marketer and wholesaler of pet, lawn and garden and agricultural products.
- Maintaining supply relationships with some of the most recognizable brands in the industry, Siemer has served the pet, lawn and garden, farm and ranch, nursery and greenhouse independent retailer since 1945.
- In addition to wholesaling products, Siemer manufactures high quality bird seed and grass seed mixes sold under the “America’s Favorite” brand.
- Siemer also produces and distributes various private label animal feed, grass seed and bird seed products.
Why Did Siemer Enterprises Hire Nolan?
- Siemer sought an acquisition partner who would benefit from the company’s best-in-class operations, unique product offering and advantageous geography.
- Siemer represented a unique opportunity to acquire a leading wholesaler and producer of pet, lawn & garden and agricultural products to the Midwestern independent retail market.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan marketed Siemer’s leading pet industry position, branded products, proprietary production capabilities, recession resistant operations and unique geographic location as an attractive acquisition opportunity for a strategic buyer serving the specialty retail market.
- Included in the list of potential strategic buyers was Prince Corporation, a Wisconsin-based wholesale manufacturer and distributor of lawn & garden, pet, wild bird and agriculture products supplying independent dealers in the Midwest.
- Prince Corporation presented Siemer the best acquisition proposal which included a combination of favorable economics, certainty to close and operational/cultural considerations.