DATE: December 23, 2021
Who is Our Client?
- Unique Stone Concepts is the leading supplier of natural stone and quartz slabs in the Midwest.
- With six showroom locations throughout the Midwest, Unique Stone Concepts’ stocks basic and high-end natural stone slabs as well as their own line of quartz products, Ellipse.
- Based in St. Louis, Missouri, Unique Stone Concepts was founded in November 2010 when Larry LaBrier and Elliot Uchitelle purchased the natural stone slab assets of ISC Surfaces.
- The owners named their new company Unique Stone Concepts to better represent their vision of bringing the most “unique” new natural stone products to the marketplace.
- Unique Stone Concepts sources only the highest quality exotic marble, granite, onyx, quartz and other high-quality materials leveraging over 20 years of direct relationships with suppliers in South America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
Why Did Unique Stone Concepts Hire Nolan?
- The owners of Unique had been in regular contact with Nolan principals for several years to strategically time their exit as it relates to industry dynamics, M&A trends, and tactics to prepare the business for a sale.
- After recovering extremely well from the onset of COVID-19, the ownership determined that 2021 presented favorable sale conditions for the building products industry and launched a competitive sale process with Nolan.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan delivered Triton Stone Group, a leading national wholesaler and distributor of granite and natural stone products founded in 2006.
- A part of the Jensen Companies, Triton Stone Group is a family-run, women-owned company based in New Orleans with 28 locations across the Midwest and Southeast.
- Triton Stone Group will now own six of the Unique Stone Concepts’ locations, which are known nationally for their luxurious granite, marble, quartzite, and travertine.
- “We are so excited about welcoming the Unique Team into the Triton family,” Katie Jensen, the President of Triton Stone Group. “Their commitment to their customers and their core values are right in line with Triton; having this expanded footprint will be advantageous for our future growth.”
- The acquisition is expected to bring in more business for the Port of New Orleans as there will be an increase of stone products being shipped thru the city.
- Elliot Uchitelle, co-founder of Unique Stone Concepts, will bring more than 20 years of natural stone distribution experience to Triton Stone Group and will serve as the Regional Manager of the newly formed Mid-West Region.
- “I am really excited about joining the Triton team. Their underlying values, hard work, dedication to quality and honesty are all in line with the values that are so important to the Unique Stone Concepts. I see a great future for the new Triton team!” said Uchitelle.