DATE: September 19, 2017
Who is Our Client?
- Blue Holdings is a private equity group that invests and builds value in creative agencies.
- Blue’s business-building model enables a big vision, provides the capital and expertise necessary for acquisitions, advances strategic selling initiatives and creates an operational infrastructure to support growth and scalability of strong company cultures.
- Blue has a proven track record across many different industries using this collaborative, business-building model.
Why Did Blue Holdings Hire Nolan?
- Blue was in pursuit of a platform company in the marketing services industry that would allow them to leverage their capital, acquisition expertise, relationships and management bench to accelerate growth.
- Blue hired Nolan to locate marketing services businesses fitting their goals and to advise on the transaction once an investment partner was determined.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan advised on Blue’s strategic investment in Brado Creative Insight, a strategic marketing research agency founded in 1996 with areas of expertise including Brand Positioning and Brand Architecture, Digital and UX Research, Advertising Research, New Product Strategy, Ideation and Research, Communication Strategy and Digital Strategy.
- Brado’s founders, with their roots in the ad agency world, had proven themselves to be especially well qualified to serve both clients and their agencies with a unique brand of research.
- The Brado team is comprised of Creative Strategists – people with advertising, creative, research and planning backgrounds. Over half of the agency’s revenue comes from assignments conducted outside of the United States.
- Brado Creative Insight embodies many of the characteristics necessary to support Blue’s already successful buy and build strategy including unique capabilities, scalable training program, a strong client portfolio and an inspiring culture that can be scaled.
- Blue is approaching the Brado investment with a long-term view and a partnership mentality. Blue intends to invest in additional marketing services companies that can enhance the capabilities of Brado to continue its impressive record of rapid growth.