DATE: December 08, 2020
Who is Our Client?
- Based in St. Louis, MO, St. Louis Testing Laboratories (SLTL) is a privately owned, independent commercial testing laboratory performing analyses, testing and inspection in the specialized fields of Nondestructive Testing, Metallurgical Analysis, Mechanical Testing, Environmental and Chemical Analyses.
- SLTL is ISO 17025 and accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) in the fields of mechanical, metallurgical and chemical testing.
- The non-destructive testing department is accredited by NADCAP, certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as a Repair Station.
- The chemical department is certified by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) for product testing of specific regulated substances.
- SLTL and its employees are associated with several professional organizations, including SAE, AWS, ASME, and ASM.
- SLTL’s facility encompasses 25,000 square feet and is specifically designed to house a full chemical/environmental laboratory, as well as facilities for mechanical/metallurgical testing. The facility also houses shielded enclosures for radiographic operations (gamma and x-ray).
Why Did St. Louis Testing Laboratories Hire Nolan?
- After three generations and 73 years of family ownership, the Sinn family sought an exit partner to facilitate estate planning for ownership.
- Mr. Rob Sinn engaged Nolan to accomplish the following: find a partner that embraced SLTL’s quality-driven, hard-working culture, elevate SLTL beyond existing ownership capabilities and provide a price that cleared the market.
What Value Did Nolan Deliver?
- Nolan’s highly-competitive process delivered Industrial Inspection & Analysis (IIA), a high growth industrial inspection, testing and analytical company offering a wide range of testing, inspection, certification and engineering services.
- Founded in 2015, IIA set out with a vision to build a best-in-class industrial inspection and certification company to serve an array of industrial sectors and sub-sectors.
- IIA is owned by Sunny River Management, a family office investment firm based in Atlanta, Georgia.
- “SLTL will expand IIA’s capabilities into destructive testing through the company’s capabilities in mechanical, chemical and metallurgical testing while providing deep expertise in lab- and field-based NDT capabilities as well,” explains Chris Niebuhr, CEO of IIA. “The acquisition will also plant an IIA flag in the Midwestern United States, an important geography for IIA as we continue to grow our nationwide presence. We look forward to welcoming SLTL’s talented employees to IIA.”